Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A love note to my beloved!!

I woke up this morning, found you lying by my side
           I wondered when you came in and snuggled inside,
I stretch, turn around and even though its time to go
           I decide to warm my “left out in the cold” toe.

I rest my head on your right shoulder
           feel the warmth of your skin against mine
and as I nestle into my niche, I find
           the urge to inhale you, breathe you, disintegrate into you.

The morning light sneaks in through the window dancing
warm, sunny, crisp and inviting
I feel you move, gathering me closer
as I look up I feel amazed by the calm on your face

I am content here, I have no fear
should the end come now, happily I shall bear
In your arms as I lay, all my worries are at bay

A blanket seems to be covering me up, keeping out the cold and pain
like a warm broth on an evening dampened by rain
Our love remains static, when every moment brings change
It’s the only haven to run back to, when all else fails

The few hours we have together, are enough for me to gather
armfuls of colorful gems – love, laughter & all that chatter
lying around the room in a scatter.

This! my love, is what is precious, this is what the heart yearns
spends a lifetime running after, and then the fool learns,
Cars, coins, courtesans everything else fails
the hearts is plain happy when love alone reigns.

All these lines running through my mind
Snuggling further, to myself I smile, it”s nine -lest i lose the rhyme :)
I must put my pen to paper, not now though
in good time, all in good time!


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning.....very well written....all emotions captured so nicely.... way to go dear.....maza agaya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the lines......
    "this! my love, is what is precious, this is what the heart yearns
    spends a lifetime running after, and then the fool learns,
    Cars, coins, courtesans everything else fails
    the hearts is plain happy when love alone reigns."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely romantic... great keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete