Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Let me...

My dearest, let me take you with me
show you the warmth of my love
let me take you with me
for no reason at all.
walk with me, just enjoy the quiet
feel the raindrops and the sunlight
let your heart go, have some fun
let it enjoy a free run
hear me moan, hear me sigh
let me hear you reach a high
with my lips on yours, in a shop
feel your heart do a flip-flop
look around to see if anyone saw
and then widen your eyes at me, give me a paw!
call me – darling? just to have a look
when i’m hidden behind the aisle of books
and when you know i’m around
let your eyes crinkle and smile
let me stay back in the room 
surround myself in the cloud of your perfume 
let me take you for a ride,
on a highway by my side
let me feel the wind, hang my head out
feel your laughter rising inside
when you see my wind swept hair
let me fumble through words 
trying to explain my love for you
and then close the conversation
by telling me simply – I love you!
all these little joys i can bring to you
if you just let me….

2 comments: