Monday, January 6, 2014

Story of a Woman-Part 2

Do I hear a faint voice from yonder?
Is it for me, is it for real - I wonder
Should I pay heed to this call?
Or do I just go on and bear it all

It is hard to believe there is help
It is hard to believe my pain is shared
Time has layered the heart so much
It is hard to believe, there is someone after all

It’s an ember, a tiny piece of light
hidden deep but shining bright
I must take the step and save it now
before it’s gone forever, lost in the folds of night

I have to fight stigma and despair
Take this fight to the end
To be stepped upon or step out sans au pair
It is a choice I must make and defend

The voice is now stronger
The rage is within
It will get me going
And give me wings

I am going to rise and leave behind me
Years of waste, guilt and self-pity
carry the scars I will, with pride
for they are the keepers of my ride

Of a time when I was lost and alone
Of a time when future was forgone
A time like the listless and wandering tart
not just me, it’s you too, cross your heart

I am not ashamed of my scars anymore
Look around, don’t we all carry a few?
Seek and you shall find many
Rising from ashes, glowing anew!

 Nothing comes easy, I know
Freedom not in the least
The ghouls will shriek, try and break my vow
But I shall slay the beast!!


*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment